Project application must be submitted on the Application Form for declaration of project as a strategic investment project of the Republic of Croatia which can be found below together with suggestions of additional contents:
(Application form must be filled out in Croatian language using computer)
The criteria, application procedure and guide for investors through the Act on strategic investment project of the Republic of Croatia can be found below:
STRATEGIC INVESTMENT PROJECTS OF THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA ARE:
- private, public or public- private investment projects which include the construction of buildings;
- in the field of:
- economy, energy, tourism, transport, infrastructure, electronic communication, postal services, environmental protection, public utilities, agriculture, forestry, water management, fishery, health care, culture, science, defence, judiciary, technology and education;
- which implementation:
- creates conditions for the employment of the larger number of workers, depending on the type and location of the project,
- significantly contributes to the development or improvement of conditions and standards for the production of goods and provision of services,
- introduces and develops new technologies that are increasing competitiveness and efficiency in the economy or public sector and/or,
- rises the overall level of safety and quality of life of citizens and environmental protection,
- has a positive effect on more economic activities and the implementation of which creates added value,
- contributes to sustainable development and environment and space protection,
- largely contributes to competitiveness of the Croatian economy;
- which are in line with:
- the physical planning documents with the exception of implementing physical planning documents (urban development plan and detailed arrangement plan) if the same are not already adopted,
- commitments under international treaties,
- strategic documents of the EU and Republic of Croatia;
- which have a total value of capital investment costs:
- equal to or greater than HRK 150.000.000,00, or
- equal to or greater than HRK 75.000.000,00, and have the ability to be co-financed from the funds and programs of the European Union , or
- equal to or greater than HRK 20.000.000,00, and are realized in assisted areas , or in the units of local (regional) self-government of the 1st group or in the units of local self-government of the 1st and 2nd groups, in accordance with the act governing the regional development of the Republic of Croatia, or on islands , or if the investment falls within the area of agriculture and fisheries;
- and if private investment project, if the investment relates to:
- Production and Processing Activities
- Development and Innovation Activities
- Business Support Activities
- Activities of High Added Value Services
- Activities in Energy Sector
- Activities related to Agriculture and Fisheries
1 – The Interested Investor (Republic of Croatia, local and regional government, physical entity, individual trader and any other domestic and foreign legal entity) shall apply the project in order for it to be proclaimed as a strategic project to the competent authority on the Application Form for strategic projects.
Interested Investor shall apply:
Public investment project to the Ministry of Economy
MINISTRY OF ECONOMY
Ulica grada Vukovara 78, 10000 Zagreb
T: +385 1 61 06 924 | F: +385 1 61 09 118 | E: email@example.com
Public or private investment projects in the energy sector, in accordance with the special regulations governing the energy and energetics, to the Center for Monitoring Business Activities in the Energy Sector and Investments
CENTER FOR MONITORING BUSINESS ACTIVITIES IN THE ENERGY SECTOR AND INVESTMENTS
Miramarska 24, 10000 Zagreb
T:+385 1 64 30 600 | F: +385 1 64 30 626 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public-private and private investment projects to the Agency for Investments and Competitiveness
AGENCY FOR INVESTMENTS AND COMPETITIVENESS
Zagrebtower, Radnička 80/V, 10000 Zagreb
T: +385 1 62 86 816 | F: +385 1 62 86 829 |E: email@example.com
2 – Content of the application
A: Project description and a detailed explanation on meeting requirements for selecting a strategic project
B: Study that contains*:
- Conceptual description, status and location of the project;
- An investment plan for a period of five years;
- Proof of financial capacity including audited annual financial report for the last year if the Interested Investor is obliged to carry out an audit, or annual report on prescribed forms for Interested Investors who are not obliged to carry out an audit, business reports for the quarter preceding the application of the project, forms BON 1 and BON 2 not older than 30 days, and the structure of receivables and liabilities of the Interested Investors on the day of application of the project;
- A detailed profile of the company including related companies and the reference list;
- Confirmation that the obligations to pay outstanding tax liabilities and liabilities for pension and health insurance and other public levies have been fulfilled;
- Information on proof of financial capacity verified by the competent authority in the seat state of investors, in particular: the audited financial report for the preceding two years, solvency data certified by the appropriate banking / financial institution, and basic financial indicators of business operations for the past two years if the legal entity is the founder or the co-founder of the company, in case when the Interested Investor, for the project needs, has established a special purpose vehicle that operates less than six months in the territory of the Republic of Croatia;
*Items 3 to 6 of this Study shall not apply to public investment projects.
C: Documents and other information and proofs about the project on which evaluation of compliance with prescribed conditions will be conducted.
The content of the application for a potential strategic project includes additional documents, information and proofs about the project important to select the investor for the realization of the potential strategic project.
3 – The competent administrative authority shall carry out administrative verification of received application
The competent authority may ask the central state administration bodies for which it has been found that the preparation and implementation of the project partially or completely falls within their jurisdiction to provide, within 10 days, professional opinion on the documentation and written positive or negative judgment on the acceptability of the proposed strategic project.
The competent authority shall submit the proper application to the Commission for assessment and identification of proposals for strategic projects.
4 – The Commission evaluates assessment of strategic project proposal and proposes to the central government body responsible for the economy a decision about its inclusion on the List of Strategic Projects.
The Commission makes a decision on establishing the Operational Group for the preparation and implementation of each individual project .
5 – Operational Group:
- Establishes prescribed procedures necessary for the preparation and implementation of each individual project and informs the interested Investor thereof;
- Develops, within 60 days from the appointment of its members, a comprehensive review of administrative and other procedures and actions necessary to undertake in order to implement the project, prepares a list of acts necessary for its implementation and informs the interested Investor and central state administration body competent for the economy thereof;
- Conducts interdepartmental harmonization and coordination of activities during the preparation and drafting of the acts for the implementation of the project and deadlines for their execution;
- Determines the elements of the proposal of the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Croatia on Proclaiming a Strategic Project that shall be submitted to the Commission;
6 – The Commission proposes to the Government of the Republic of Croatia the adoption of the Decision on Proclaiming a Strategic Project.
7 – The Government of the Republic of Croatia shall render a Decision on Proclaiming Strategic Project of the Republic of Croatia that will be published in the Official Gazette.
8 – When it comes to private investment project, the central state administration body competent for the economy invites interested Investor to submit, within 60 days from the date of the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Croatia on Proclaiming a Strategic Project, bill of exchange, promissory note and proof of sufficient sources of financing in the value of at least 10 % of the total value of the project, which includes bank guarantee from domestic/foreign bank, and/or dedicated deposited term funds for a period of nine months. The central state administration body competent for the economy in cooperation with the central state administration body competent for finance will make verification of the documentation.
If an Investor fails to submit the documentation within the prescribed period, the Croatian Government shall on the proposal of the Commission render a Decision on cancellation of the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Croatia on Proclaiming a Strategic Project.
9 – Minister of Economy within 60 days from the date of Decision of the Government of the Republic of Croatia on Proclaiming a Strategic Project, with the prior opinion and approval of the central state administration body competent for foreign and European affairs, and the body authorized to represent the Republic of Croatia in proceedings before courts and administrative bodies, will sign an Agreement on the Preparation and Implementation of the Project.