The Victorian Croatian Chamber of Commerce
The Victorian Croatian Chamber of Commerce Inc. (VCCC) is a new initiative by members of Victoria’s Croatian community, who have come together to create an all inclusive forum designed to unlock the commercial potential of Croatian society, both local and oversea.
The VCCC is committed to accomplishing each of the following:
• Nurturing greater commercial cooperation and networking between members of the Croatian-Australian business community
• Fostering the growth of economic relations between Croatia and Australia, particularly at this pivotal time follow ing Croatia’s entry into the European Union.
Our mission is simple – To encourage and enable the entire Croatian community and its friends to work together, to accomplish collectively what we cannot as individuals.
The VCCC is an independent, not-for-profit incorporated association, with the following formally stated purposes
• Local: To promote, encourage and facilitate trade, investment, technical and economic cooperation between members of the VCCC and businesses and individuals in Victoria and in Australia.
• International: To promote, encourage and facilitate trade, investment, technical and economic cooperation between businesses and individuals in Australia, Croatia and other countries.
• Community: To promote, encourage and facilitate programs and events that support the Croatian community in Victoria and in Australia.
• Education: To promote, encourage and facilitate the education and careers of professionals in Australia and Croatia to further the purposes of the VCCC.
• Government: To communicate and work with the governments of Croatia, Australia and Victoria, trade groups and others to further the purposes of the VCCC.
• Cooperation: To communicate and work with other chambers of commerce, trade groups and others to further the purposes of the VCCC.
The VCCC and its members are governed by the VCCC Rules, which are registered under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic).
Management Committee & AssociatesA Management Committee comprising 16 VCCC members currently administers the VCCC. These members include experienced professionals and business operators from a variety of industries. The Management Committee members donate their time, experience and connections for the benefit of the VCCC and its members.
The aim of the current Management Committee is to establish, coordinate and guide the formation of the VCCC. They are also responsible for the strategic management and policy decisions of the VCCC and the relationship of the VCCC with governments and businesses in Australia and Croatia.
His Excellency, the Ambassador of Croatia, Dr Damir Kušen and the Consul-General of Croatia to Victoria, Mr Dubravko Belavic also sit on the Management Committee of the VCCC from time to time.
Under the VCCC’s Rules, the current Management Committee has an 18-month mandate from incorporation, to establish the VCCC, enable the association to receive members and organise the first VCCC events and functions. Before the mandate ends, the current Management Committee will stand down and allow the members to formally elect its next Management Committee.
Management Committee members are elected at the Annual General Meeting of the VCCC and membership of the Management Committee is open to all individual members of the VCCC and persons nominated by a business member of the VCCC.
The VCCC Management Committee currently consists of the following members: